Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Layers of Color Cake Decorating Party! ;)

Welcome to the

Layers of Color

Cake Decorating Party!


If you've made it over her from Iwona's Blog, you're in the right place!  If not, make sure you don't miss out on all the "deliciousness" and head on over to Layers of Color to start at the beginning.  :)

We have a line-up of fantastic crafting chefs that will inspire you to get into your creative kitchens and whip up some delicious artwork!  Come whet your appetite with our creative paper cake slice boxes that are marvelously decorated with Layers of Color.  I wanted my cake slice to have a 'lid" so I went and got my template from HERE. The top part of my "slice" pulls right off!  I plan on filling it with some yummies and giving this slice to someone special for their birthday!  :)

This is truly how you can have your cake and eat it too! Enjoy a tasty cake fresh from the oven,
while being creative with Layers of Color, pretty papers, laces, flowers, and even jewelry!


I stenciled "Delicious Dots" stencil in Memento ink Desert Sand to give the "cake" part of my slice some delicious texture!  For the icing on the side edge of my slice I used Inkssentials Enamel Accents in white (got the black and white one in my prize box from winning the WCMD contest!).  The white border is a Martha Stewart border punch.

In this up close shot, you see how I used the "Floweret" cling stamp and one of the jewels from "Granny's Jewelry" clear art stamp set to create the top border of my cake slice.  I colored both images using my Copic markers.

Here is the back shot of my cake slice.   I added the pearls to give my cake an elegant flair.  :)

My lovely bottom border is a mix of the "Floweret" cling stamp, three flowers and some leaves from "Flowering Gems" clear art stamp set, and the adorable strawberry from "Nature Walk" clear art stamp set.

Here is the view from the top!  :)  "Flowering Gems" clear art stamp set and "Nature Walk" clear art stamp set were used to create this border.

Tasty, isn't it? Let's have some more!...You're invited to feast your eyes on the Layers of Color Design Team and Guest Designer's Cake Party treats!  Following me is my sweet friend, Jennie Harper!

And here is the list of all the participants in case you loose your way hopping!  ;)

Janice Whiting --That's ME!


Be sure to swing by Layers of Color Boutique and grab a FREE Cupcake Card Template! In celebration, we've added some SALE items and Special Bundle offers with fabulous pricing on Spellbinders Dies! And when you subscribe to this blog and leave a comment, you will be entered into our Party Favor Drawing to have the chance to WIN this yummy Layers of Color art stamp set!...
http://www.layersofcolor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SCG-0406-011_art_stamps.jpg
Birdday Party art stamp set



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you've been inspired to create something beautiful yourself!  :)

Much love,
Janice :)

28 comments:

Laura - Layers of Color said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh MY! What a tasty garden of goodness!! Sheer excellence...of course you are a professional cake decorator! :) A real beauty, Janice!!

Sanna said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, it's a goodi.....

Renkata said... Best Blogger Tips

Look so delightful.
very yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Suzanne C said... Best Blogger Tips

Delish! Lovely flowers and details on your beautiful cake!

Ellis said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful cake, looks really good! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Justine said... Best Blogger Tips

This is stunning, I can't imagine having to give it away. Will that be difficult? Sometimes I wonder if my recipient will understand how much time and love goes into our projects. I am in awe of your perfect coloring and shading. Again this is just so beautiful. O and thank you for the template link

Grace said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh Janice... this is gorgeous! I knew yours would be beautiful, being a cake decorator!!! LOVE the rich yummy colors you used!

Carla S. said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous cake slice, Janice! I love the rich colors and beautiful floral border! This would make a lovely real cake design!

Jennie said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful piece of cake Janice and such popping colors!! Love your flowers and such a crisp design.

Melody (lacyquilter) said... Best Blogger Tips

Yummily scrumptious!

MariLynn said... Best Blogger Tips

Janice, hugs and blessings to you today. I love your piece of cake. The pearls make it look so elegant. The stenciled sides and the punched edges look so pretty. Now, I do have to say, as pretty as this piece of cake is, it can't compare to the wonderful real cakes you have made. I bet it does have less calories though. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said... Best Blogger Tips

Janice, your slice of cake is so beautiful! I love the color combo and all those flowers and pearls are stunning together! Totally gorgeous!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Musing of a Patched Heart said... Best Blogger Tips

Very creative use of grandma's jewelry! Good enough to eat! Red Velvet Cake maybe? Nicely done!

Diana Queen said... Best Blogger Tips

Janice, the first thing I thought of when we started talking about this particular "hop" was that I couldn't wait to see your project!Since I've seen your gorgeous real cakes I knew your paper cake would be wonderful...and it is!! Your detail, embellishment and colors are fabulous! ;D

Polly said... Best Blogger Tips

Linda, bella, hermosa son las expresiones para ese pastel. Esta realmente muy bonita este recorrido con chicas tan creativas.
Besos.
manualidadespolly.blogspot.com

Sharri said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous! I love the flowers and all the other details you added to this yummy cake!

Dawn B. said... Best Blogger Tips

Janice this is beautiful..I LOVE the layers you created on the side.. Great job.

MaxineD said... Best Blogger Tips

Janice this must have take forever to make - awesome work with a delectable result!
Blessings
Maxine

Lovely Linda said... Best Blogger Tips

Janice - this is YUMBLY to the MAX!! Totally delish and definitley 'food for thought!' LOL! Thanks for being part of this Blog Hop and inspiring us with your creativity! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said... Best Blogger Tips

This is so rich looking. Beautiful. :)

Joan Ervin said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my, what a beautiful slice of cake, Janice!!!! I just love the colors, pearls, and all the gorgoeus flowers!!!! I didn't realize you lived 30 miles up the road from me...it's such a small world!!!!

Dawnll said... Best Blogger Tips

The details are just amazing on this beautiful slice. Such inspiration!

Luv 2 Create said... Best Blogger Tips

How beautiful. Love the gorgeous flowers and their colors.
Marcie

Sharon Peele said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow what a beautiful slice of cake!! I can tell that you worked hard on it!! and It definitely paid off!!

stampqueen said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE your slice of cake - just scrumptious!!!!

Mrs Ham said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks absolutely delicious.

Cindy Lou said... Best Blogger Tips

Deliciously beautiful! Love how you used the different stamps and your coloring, and especially your flowers!! Thanks for sharing, blessings!

FreeBloggerBackgrounds said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for using my template. Your cake project is amazing. I can't believe you made something so beautiful from my template. Much better than anything I could have come up with.


Rita Shehan